PDF Instructions >
A modular set of farmhouses from old Japan, allowing you to create a wide variety of sizes and layouts of buildings. Print your expandable layout in 40mm-wide wall sections (18 main wall variations, PLUS 16 endwalls!), fit your choice of flooring, print your choice of modular roof, and add any exterior sections such as corridors or extra rooms. Tons of variations, so no two buildings need to look the same!
This downloadable ZIP file contains the following STL files :
- Wall finishes (3): Vertical wood, horizontal slats and half mud walls, mud walls.
- Wall shapes (6): doorway, solid wall, sliding screen doorway, vertical barred window, open shutters, closed shutters.
- Flooring: tatami mats, wood planks, genkan/dirt, irori firepit.
- Doors: solid wood, paper screens, half screens, bars
- Roofing: thatched (2 end shapes), wood with stones
- Add-ons: side corridors, wooden lean-to sheds, extension roofing (thatched and wood), foundation stones, stone oven
This product will be delivered as a .ZIP file pack containing STL files for use on a home 3D Printer.
The files are set to 28mm scale but can be rescaled before printing.
- All of the parts of this file can be printed on a 3D printer build plate of 125mm x 125mm.
- All parts have manifold (3D-printable geometry) and have been test printed.
- Models designed for 28mm (1:58 scale) wargaming, but can be resized for other scales on your printer.
• Review this item >
In case anyone else is having trouble with the sliding doors - I rescaled the z-axis dimension (the thickness of the door) to 80% in my slicing software. This allows the doors to be installed and slide easily. Surface detail is still good at 80%.
- by Duncan
Yes, great tip! The newer releases all have slightly thinner doors (1.8mm versus the 2.2mm of the farmhouses).